Our kitchen warmly welcomes its newest family member – the grilling pan! Right after purchasing, our minds were over-filled with recipes that involve grilling. Can we grill some chicken? Sure, let’s drop by the supermarket and get a kilo or two! Can we grill tomatoes? That sounds so good I’m drooling already! Fish, pork, beef? Just name your date and we’ll cook it! Can we grill bananas? Uh, let’s draw the line now, shall we?
Anyway, after an hour of dwelling on all the kinds of food that we’ll be able to cook and eat via the grilling pan, we decided to start with chicken breast, which is already present in our fridge, and the marinating ingredients which are also sitting pretty in our pantry.
Grilled Sesame Chicken meal blends Asian flavors with the more simple sweet and salty flavor. This looks sophisticated but it really is pretty easy, and oh, did I mention that it’s also healthy? The chicken meat itself is already tasty and can stand on its own since we allowed its marinade to envelop the chicken for quite a number of hours. The sauce that John cooked was the right kind of sweet and smokey that complemented the chicken well and made the finished meal even more flavorful.
Now that we’ve cross off chicken breast in our what-to-grill-next list, we’re keeping an eye on our next victim. Any suggestions for us? 🙂
Grilled Sesame Chicken
Ingredients (Sesame Chicken):
- 3 pcs Chicken Breasts, no skin
- 1 tbps Honey
- 1/8 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- 3 tbps Sugar
- 1 tbps Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbps Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Flakes
- Marinate chicken breast with honey, ginger powder, garlic powder, pepper, sesame oil and salt for 2-6 hours.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for 10 minutes. Flipping once in between cooking, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked thru.
- Now to prepare the sauce, mix the sugar, corn starch, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and chili flakes in a pan over low heat. Cook until thick.
- Drizzle the chicken with the sauce and sprinkle the sesame seeds. Serve warm and enjoy!