Eating this one for lunch made me rethink if we were eating out – somewhere nice and posh, probably. I could have closed my eyes and play a guessing game about where in the continent am I and I would undoubtedly say somewhere near Italy. I think it was those little potatoes that made it look like the dish was brought instead of cooked. Or maybe it was that dash of basil?
Anyway, Chicken in Creamy Tomato Sauce was a product of John’s amazing imagination. The right kind of sour from the tomato sauce enveloped with a creamy velvet sauce, highlighted with a sweet kick from the basil brought eating chicken to a higher pedestal. Now, I would never settle in eating chicken dishes that are rather bland for the I-lack-the-time-excuse. This one is easy and quick to prepare, but not as fast as the time it took me to eat and savor this!
So what do you guys think? Did this dish brought you somewhere nice and posh, too? Let us know if it did! 🙂
Chicken in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 kg Chicken, any preferred part
- 1/4 kg Potatoes
- 150g Tomato Sauce
- 1 can/box All-Purpose Cream
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium sized Onion, peeled and chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- a dash of Basil
- Sauté the garlic and onion in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken and stir until light brown.
- Add in potatoes. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Add the cream and simmer for another minute or two.
- Add the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- As always, serve warm and enjoy! 🙂