How delightful it is when you crave for something and instead of going out to dine somewhere nice (and probably expensive), this craving can actually be eased by home cooking! Now, don’t get me wrong. I love the occasional dining out, as well – discovering new food, finding delicious ones and the general effortless eating (no dishes to wash afterwards, no food preparation, no thinking about what to cook) BUT it is priceless to know that you need not to go out when you want to eat a particular something. You simply look around your pantry and make the most from the ingredients already present there.
And now this beef burger. John and I were craving for some this morning, thinking about how perfect a burger would be today. So we decided to create burgers that are generous in all the yummy ingredients! Warm and juicy patty. Fluffy bun and fresh lettuce. Mustard, catsup and some cheddar cheese. Pickles and caramelized onions. Drooling already, aren’t you?
Preparing for this is easy and the serving is really filling. You can add and subtract from the recipe below in case some of the ingredients aren’t present in your household. We’re hoping you’ll try it soon. Let us know how it goes! 🙂
- 1/2 kg Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 large Onion, peeled and chopped into rings
- 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 4-5 Burger Buns
- Tomato Catsup
- Tomatoes, sliced into rings
- Sliced Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Pickles
- Mix ground beef with salt and pepper.
- On a pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion rings and sugar. Stir for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Set aside.
- On a grilling pan (An ordinary pan will also do!) over medium heat, line with cooking oil. Create patties from the ground beef, the size depending on the burger buns. Cook until brown or as desired.
- Create the burger by placing the beef patties in the buns, topping with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onion rings, sliced cheese, mustard and tomato catsup. Serve warm and enjoy! 🙂