Since we are already enjoying the daily bed weather, Pork Nilaga will surely make our comfort food list. It’s warm, tasty and very easy to make! Do you know that the Filipino word Nilaga literally translates to boiled? That’s basically how you cook this Filipino dish – you simply put all the ingredients in a pot, set it to a boil and enjoy a warm pork soup after. You can even multi-task (or sleep) while cooking!
As for the ingredients, the ones that we’ve included are the most basic ones. We even ran out of regular potatoes so we used marble potatoes instead. The result though, is similar! Other ingredients such as banana and corn also tastes good in this. Try this pork-based soup and let us know what you think! 🙂
Nilagang Baboy (Pork Nilaga)
- 1/2 kg Pork Meat, sliced into cubes
- 1/2 Cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 kg Potatoes Marbles, washed
- 1 pc Pork Broth Cube
- 1 medium-sized Onion, peeled and chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pot over medium heat, put 6 cups of water, the pork and onion. Boil for about 10 mins. Cover the pot and simmer for 30 mins or until the pork is tender.
- Add the pork broth cube then add the potato marbles. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Add the cabbage. Cook for 2 more mins.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl, serve warm and enjoy!