As much as I want and admire food that takes hours to prepare because it’s usually worth it, I sometimes like keeping things simple as well, especially when hunger is your enemy. I love having a go-to meal that takes a couple of minutes and something that’s really easy to do. It has always been Spaghetti Carbonara for me. In cooking this, I never felt like I have to make a lot of effort. I can even multi-task when this is the dish to prepare! Aside from that, it also is very filling and affordable. One visit to the grocery store plus some 30 minutes and we can enjoy this on our breakfasts, lunch, dinner and even merienda! This really is a true live-saver. Partner this with garlic bread and you’ll have an even better meal!
So without further ado, we give you our simple spaghetti carbonara recipe! We dearly hope that this turns out great for you too. And may you enjoy cooking this as much as we did! Happy cooking and happy Friday! 🙂
- 2 lbs Dry Spaghetti
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium-sized Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup Mushroom crumbles
- 1 cup Grated Cheese
- 1 pc Beef Cube, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 can All-Purpose Cream
- 1 handful of Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cooking Oil
- Bring a large pot of water with salt and pepper, and 2 tsp of cooking oil to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender yet firm, or al dente. Drain the pasta well completely.
- Meanwhile, melt and heat the butter in a pan.
- Toss the onion and garlic and sauté them in the pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon crumbles and fry them for about 3 more minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the mushroom crumbles and sauté them for another minute.
- Add the all-purpose cream. Add the beef cube dissolved in water when the cream is about to boil. Stir until well-blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the sauce into the pasta. Mound the spaghetti carbonara into warm serving bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and grated cheese. Serve warm and enjoy!