Hi, people! It’s a fresh new year, coming down to our plates. The final of weeks of 2016 were just so busy that we didn’t manage to post something for Rice N Dine. We weren’t proud of that but hey, it’s a fresh year with a completely start!
I’m sure that as this 2017 unfolds, we are now loaded with new goals for the year and possibly New Years Resolutions all beautifully written in our brand new planners and timekeepers. January is so full of promises that goal-writing and strategy-planning seems inevitable. Is being fit and eating healthy part of your goals? Well, you are not alone! This 2017, we at Rice N Dine, seek to discover more yummy but delicious food and we aim to share all of those discovered ones with you! So, let’s start with the first one?
We have written about Chopsuey before in this post, but we’re writing about it again today because this recipe has variations with the previous one. For starters, we have included some baby corn in the ingredients. This provided our dish with the extra crunch and sweetness that the first recipe didn’t have. We also removed the pork from the ingredients, making this a purely vegetable meal.
Here’s the recipe of this light and utterly healthy meal:
- 1 can Baby Corn
- 1 small Napa Cabbage, quartered
- 1 pc medium sized Carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup String Beans, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled, crushed and chopped
- 1 medium sized Onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 4 Tbsp water
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pan, heat cooking oil over high heat. Saute garlic and onion until brown.
- Add carrots and baby corn. Stir for 2 mins.
- Add cabbage and string beans. Stir for another 2 mins.
- Add Oyster sauce. Slowly add dissolved cornstarch while constantly stirring until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Do you have other variations of this dish? Let us know so we can try it! And may everyone have a fruitful new year! 🙂